Emergency Markers Makes A Difference
In the year 2018-19, ESTA answered 2,605,574 Emergency calls, which is 7100 a day.
627 were linked to Emergency Markers.
Of the hundreds of thousands of visitations by Domestic, National and International visitors per year, many of these people will not be familiar with local surroundings and if required to answer:
“Where is your emergency?”
they would struggle in providing details to 000 call takers.
Location information challenges are particularly difficult for ‘Open Space’ locations with no set addresses such as:
- Parkways & trails
- Walking and cycling tracks
Where defining the exact location is difficult.
When an incident occurs at a specific street address, it is generally easy for emergency services to locate the caller.
- Reduces response times to emergency events.
- Allows immediate and faster event location and verification.
- Reduces adverse effects of emergencies.
- Reduces time per call for 000 call takers and dispatch operators.
- Creates a safer response environment for Emergency personnel enabling them to better assess situations and take the most appropriate action
- Obstructions– locked gates, road closures.
- Parking – quickest access points.
- Access– whether stairs, need helicopter assistance, can take a gurney.
- Providers needed – whether ambulance needs to co-ordinate with Police or SES.